Green up your act brings environmental issues to life through stimulating discussions, engaging presentations and creative hands on workshops for both primary and secondary education.
We are passionate about our core subjects which are: Recycling and Up-cycling, learning about the world’s diverse and endangered habitats and growing seasonal food.
Over the past eight years we have worked with hundreds of different schools across the UK and as the testimonials demonstrate, our services have proven to be ecologically progressive, educational and fun. All our programmes are tailored to your school’s / college’s requirements and everything made or grown can be taken home to enjoy.
- It was a great to see how much the students enjoyed the making their own plant pots form newspaper and planting them up with a variety of seedling to take home or grow at school. As well as the hands on activities there was really good mixture of questions, answers and discussionsK. Inkpen – Cardinal Newman Catholic School
- We really enjoyed our workshop with Philip Hunton it was thought provoking. The students were engaged to think about, food waste, packaging nutrition, and global perspective. They thoroughly enjoyed the workshop this will be a good reminder for them to think green.Mrs Diane Calvert The Prebendal School (Chichester Cathedral School)
- "Thank you very much for coming in and working so hard with our young children! They all had a great day and we will do our best to build on the enthusiasm the children have for seasonal food gardening!"Sally OverendSt Thomas Primary School
- “Green up your act helped out at the Dalrymple Primary School during our Eco Week. Philip delivered an exciting “Green Shoots” workshop to the lower primary ages, which was thoroughly enjoyed by all of the children. He pitched the lesson well to suit the different needs and abilities, and the children especially enjoyed making their own paper pot with a seedling to take home. The upper school enjoyed looking at different objects made from recycled materials and then were guided through a craft activity, where they had a chance to make their own recycled notebook. Philip’s expertise has contributed towards making our Eco Week a huge success! Many thanks to Green Up Your Act.”Lauren Mc Nair Dalrymple Primary school – Scotland
- It has been really fantastic to have a professional work with the children. They have enjoyed the club so much and the parents talk about how keen and enthusiastic their children are when they get home. It is really exciting to have the eco-schools awards to work towards as well, this teaches the children the importance of issue such as: energy biodiversity and seasonal food. I recommend it whole-heartedly!Chris Bradshaw HeadteacherIford and Kingston School
- The children at Shoreham Beach Primary have loved coming to Eco Club, which has been run by Phil. We are so glad that we are getting the most of our outside wild life area and growing seasonal food. The trip to the Earthship was brilliant and Phil’s knowledge of sustainable materials and processes was enlightening.Nicola CrowhurstShoreham Beach School