Green up your Act brings environmental issues to life through stimulating discussions, engaging presentations and creative hands on workshops for both primary and secondary education.
We are passionate about our core subjects: recycling, up-cycling, global/local biodiversity, endangered species and their habitats and the growing of seasonal and local food. Over the past eight years we have worked with hundreds of different schools across the UK. As our feedback demonstrates, our services have proven to be ecologically progressive, educational and fun. All our programmes can be tailored to your specific educational requirements and everything made or grown can be taken home to enjoy by your pupils.
- The Green Shoots workshop was excellent! Teaching the children in a fun and interactive way. Many thanks we look forward to working with you again.Mrs GoodwinLady’s Catholic School
- The workshop was pitched at just the right level for the children. They were interested and engaged. They enjoyed the hands on experience of making the newspaper pots and handling the objects. Thanks for a great workshop!Gaynor HopeNelson Primary School
- A lovely hands on workshop. The concept was brilliant and your collection of recycled artefacts were great. The links with the globe were ideal for early years as they can identify with this. The making of the pots was a wonderful idea and we are looking forward to having Philip back for more workshops.Nicki Williams (Science co-ordinator)Colfe’s Pre-Prep and Nursery School London
- Thank you so much. The children were buzzing with excitement on our return about bottle walls wind turbines and allotments!Emma FooksWestdene Primary School Brighton
- It has been really fantastic to have a professional work with the children. They have enjoyed the club so much and the parents talk about how keen and enthusiastic their children are when they get home. It is really exciting to have the eco-schools awards to work towards as well, this teaches the children the importance of issue such as: energy biodiversity and seasonal food. I recommend it whole-heartedly!Chris Bradshaw HeadteacherIford and Kingston School
- Pupils benefitted from being able to handle a range of items made from recycled materials and discuss what they were made from and how they had been made. The workshops were fun and accessible to everyone as they were appropriately paced and the demonstration was easy to follow. Pupils came away with objects they had made to take home, knowledge they can apply in future projects and a greater understanding of re-using waste materials to make useful items. Many thanks again for your workshop. The children loved it and they all did a piece of writing on your day in our English lesson yesterday. The all remember the four R’s and also they were extremely interested in the rainforest. The parents were extremely impressed with the items the children took home to keep and couldn’t believe a wallet was made out of juice carton! Please do contact us in January to arrange another workshop. Carys Henwood Year 1 Edge Grove