Green up your act brings environmental issues to life through stimulating discussions, engaging presentations and creative hands on workshops for both primary and secondary education.
We are passionate about our core subjects which are: Recycling and Up-cycling, learning about the world’s diverse and endangered habitats and growing seasonal food.
Over the past eight years we have worked with hundreds of different schools across the UK and as the testimonials demonstrate, our services have proven to be ecologically progressive, educational and fun. All our programmes are tailored to your school’s / college’s requirements and everything made or grown can be taken home to enjoy.
- "Thank you very much for coming in and working so hard with our young children! They all had a great day and we will do our best to build on the enthusiasm the children have for seasonal food gardening!"Sally OverendSt Thomas Primary School
- Thank you so much. The children were buzzing with excitement on our return about bottle walls wind turbines and allotments!Emma FooksWestdene Primary School Brighton
- We really enjoyed our workshop with Philip Hunton it was thought provoking. The students were engaged to think about, food waste, packaging nutrition, and global perspective. They thoroughly enjoyed the workshop this will be a good reminder for them to think green.Mrs Diane Calvert The Prebendal School (Chichester Cathedral School)
- The whole school really enjoyed your assembly about the importance of recycling which was made even more interesting when you showed them the items that had been made from recycled material. The pratical activity of recycling newspaper to make a plant pot and planting seedlings was a good hands on activity in which all of our pupils were able to experience success. Many thanks Phil!Dawn MartinCedar Centre Brighton
- The workshop was pitched at just the right level for the children. They were interested and engaged. They enjoyed the hands on experience of making the newspaper pots and handling the objects. Thanks for a great workshop!Gaynor HopeNelson Primary School
- “Green up your act helped out at the Dalrymple Primary School during our Eco Week. Philip delivered an exciting “Green Shoots” workshop to the lower primary ages, which was thoroughly enjoyed by all of the children. He pitched the lesson well to suit the different needs and abilities, and the children especially enjoyed making their own paper pot with a seedling to take home. The upper school enjoyed looking at different objects made from recycled materials and then were guided through a craft activity, where they had a chance to make their own recycled notebook. Philip’s expertise has contributed towards making our Eco Week a huge success! Many thanks to Green Up Your Act.”Lauren Mc Nair Dalrymple Primary school – Scotland