- It has been really fantastic to have a professional work with the children. They have enjoyed the club so much and the parents talk about how keen and enthusiastic their children are when they get home. It is really exciting to have the eco-schools awards to work towards as well, this teaches the children the importance of issue such as: energy biodiversity and seasonal food. I recommend it whole-heartedly!Chris Bradshaw HeadteacherIford and Kingston School
- “Our Eco day was a thoroughly enjoyable day for all the girls at Streatham and Clapham. We were really lucky to have the company Green Up Your Act come in to carry out some fantastic workshops that encouraged the girls to think about the environment, and supply them with ideas on how to live a more eco-friendly lifestyle at home and school. The workshops were educational, hands on and lots of fun! The upcycled juice cartons were a particular favorite. They were quick and easy to make and certainly sturdy enough to start using at break time for the tuck shop!"Kate WebberStreatham and Clapham School for Girls
- Our year two children in Hawthorns class had a great time this morning, making pine cone bird feeders which they then hung in the school garden. Phil from Green up your act talked to the children about the changes in autumn and the need for birds to find food over the winter months. We then collected some sunflower heads from the garden which we use to make the feeders. Each child was able to make their own pinecone feeder. Not only did the children enjoy the creative activity, but it help them see the real links between seasonal changes in how and how we help animals in the local environment. Highly Recommended!!
- "Thank you very much for coming in and working so hard with our young children! They all had a great day and we will do our best to build on the enthusiasm the children have for seasonal food gardening!"Sally OverendSt Thomas Primary School
- My son started Eco Club at West Hove Junior School this term. He absolutely loves it and is buzzing with information when he comes home. We bought strawberry plants and a planter which are now growing on our patio. Thanks so much for inspiring him to have green fingers!Rachel DunstanWest Hove Junior School
- The workshop was pitched at just the right level for the children. They were interested and engaged. They enjoyed the hands on experience of making the newspaper pots and handling the objects. Thanks for a great workshop!Gaynor HopeNelson Primary School