Green Up Your Act brings environmental issues to life through stimulating discussions, engaging presentations and creative hands on workshops for both primary and secondary education.
We are passionate about our core subjects: recycling, up-cycling, global/local biodiversity, endangered species and their habitats and the growing of seasonal and local food. Over the past eight years we have worked with hundreds of different schools across the UK. As our feedback demonstrates, our services have proven to be ecologically progressive, educational and fun. All our programmes can be tailored to your specific educational requirements and everything made or grown can be taken home to enjoy by your pupils.
- The children at Shoreham Beach Primary have loved coming to Eco Club, which has been run by Phil. We are so glad that we are getting the most of our outside wild life area and growing seasonal food. The trip to the Earthship was brilliant and Phil’s knowledge of sustainable materials and processes was enlightening.Nicola CrowhurstShoreham Beach School
- The children at Elm Grove Primary School had a fantastic morning learning about the importance of recycling. There was a good balance of listening, discussion and practical activities. The children learnt how to make plant pots from old newspapers and planted seedlings to take home. It was great to have Philip come to our school and we are looking forward to our follow up visit to the Earthship in the summer.Claire CampbellElm Grove Primary School
- "Thank you so much for a wonderful eco-day here at Trull School. You arrived well-prepared, were calm and patient with our children and the information you taught them was relevant and interesting. The workshops you undertook with our KS2 children were excellent. The staff and children were all talking about the up-cycled notebooks you made with them, and they were able to learn whilst getting involved with a hands-on project that opened up so many more opportunities for them. I would recommend you and your company to any school looking to enhance their work around the environment, and would not hesitate to invite you back to our school.”Stewart Biddles HeadteacherTrull Primary School Taunton Devon
- Sue Quinn – The Granville Inderpendedt School Sevenoaks Sussex“A huge ‘thank you’ to Philip Hunton (Green Up Your Act) for providing each and every class in our school with an entertaining and educational workshop for our Eco Day. In keeping with our theme of ‘Recycling Waste‘ the younger children enjoyed the ‘Green Shoots’ activity, finding out about the importance of composting and planting a seed in their own recycled pot. The older pupils had a great time learning all about ‘Upcycling’ and produced a recycled notebook to take home. We will certainly be inviting Philip back in the near future.”
- A lovely hands on workshop. The concept was brilliant and your collection of recycled artefacts were great. The links with the globe were ideal for early years as they can identify with this. The making of the pots was a wonderful idea and we are looking forward to having Philip back for more workshops.Nicki Williams (Science co-ordinator)Colfe’s Pre-Prep and Nursery School London
- "Thank you very much for coming in and working so hard with our young children! They all had a great day and we will do our best to build on the enthusiasm the children have for seasonal food gardening!"Sally OverendSt Thomas Primary School
- We really enjoyed our workshop with Philip Hunton it was thought provoking. The students were engaged to think about, food waste, packaging nutrition, and global perspective. They thoroughly enjoyed the workshop this will be a good reminder for them to think green.Mrs Diane Calvert The Prebendal School (Chichester Cathedral School)
- “Our Eco day was a thoroughly enjoyable day for all the girls at Streatham and Clapham. We were really lucky to have the company Green Up Your Act come in to carry out some fantastic workshops that encouraged the girls to think about the environment, and supply them with ideas on how to live a more eco-friendly lifestyle at home and school. The workshops were educational, hands on and lots of fun! The up-cycled juice cartons were a particular favourite. They were quick and easy to make and certainly sturdy enough to start using at break time for the tuck shop!"Kate WebberStreatham and Clapham School for Girls
- “Green up your act helped out at the Dalrymple Primary School during our Eco Week. Philip delivered an exciting “Green Shoots” workshop to the lower primary ages, which was thoroughly enjoyed by all of the children. He pitched the lesson well to suit the different needs and abilities, and the children especially enjoyed making their own paper pot with a seedling to take home. The upper school enjoyed looking at different objects made from recycled materials and then were guided through a craft activity, where they had a chance to make their own recycled notebook. Philip’s expertise has contributed towards making our Eco Week a huge success! Many thanks to Green Up Your Act.”Lauren Mc Nair Dalrymple Primary school – Scotland
- It has been really fantastic to have a professional work with the children. They have enjoyed the club so much and the parents talk about how keen and enthusiastic their children are when they get home. It is really exciting to have the eco-schools awards to work towards as well, this teaches the children the importance of issue such as: energy biodiversity and seasonal food. I recommend it whole-heartedly!Chris Bradshaw HeadteacherIford and Kingston School