Green up your act brings environmental issues to life through stimulating discussions, engaging presentations and creative hands on workshops for both primary and secondary education.
We are passionate about our core subjects which are: Recycling and Up-cycling, learning about the world’s diverse and endangered habitats and growing seasonal food.
Over the past eight years we have worked with hundreds of different schools across the UK and as the testimonials demonstrate, our services have proven to be ecologically progressive, educational and fun. All our programmes are tailored to your school’s / college’s requirements and everything made or grown can be taken home to enjoy.
- The children at Elm Grove Primary School had a fantastic morning learning about the importance of recycling. There was a good balance of listening, discussion and practical activities. The children learnt how to make plant pots from old newspapers and planted seedlings to take home. It was great to have Philip come to our school and we are looking forward to our follow up visit to the Earthship in the summer.Claire CampbellElm Grove Primary School
- It’s been a real pleasure seeing my child learning about nature. Growing food and working with the seasons is a great opportunity that is sometimes missed living in the city.Rachael MaldoomIford and Kingston Primary
- "Thank you very much for coming in and working so hard with our young children! They all had a great day and we will do our best to build on the enthusiasm the children have for seasonal food gardening!"Sally OverendSt Thomas Primary School
- The Green Shoots workshop was excellent! Teaching the children in a fun and interactive way. Many thanks we look forward to working with you again.Mrs GoodwinLady’s Catholic School
- Sue Quinn – The Granville Inderpendedt School Sevenoaks Sussex“A huge ‘thank you’ to Philip Hunton (Green Up Your Act) for providing each and every class in our school with an entertaining and educational workshop for our Eco Day. In keeping with our theme of ‘Recycling Waste‘ the younger children enjoyed the ‘Green Shoots’ activity, finding out about the importance of composting and planting a seed in their own recycled pot. The older pupils had a great time learning all about ‘Upcycling’ and produced a recycled notebook to take home. We will certainly be inviting Philip back in the near future.”Sue Quinn – The Granville Inderpendedt School Sevenoaks
- A lovely hands on workshop. The concept was brilliant and your collection of recycled artefacts were great. The links with the globe were ideal for early years as they can identify with this. The making of the pots was a wonderful idea and we are looking forward to having Philip back for more workshops.Nicki Williams (Science co-ordinator)Colfe’s Pre-Prep and Nursery School London